Monday, February 4, 2013

You have to cuddle on a boat to rent in San Francisco.

Spending a whole day interviewing law students for summer internships turned out to be way more enjoyable than expected. I kept wanting to ask my old interview fun question: "Where would you hide an elephant?" It's humbling to think about how talented the pool of students was and my big takeaway was that I don't know if I would have made the cut had I interviewed the Me of three years ago. I'd be a decent interviewee, but I just didn't have much relevant experience in refugee/asylum/human rights. I did have all the tangential Public Interest kid things: the Holocaust project, renters' rights, workers' rights, immigrants' rights, gay rights, you get the idea. 

Many more law kiddies to interview, so narrowing it down to the magick six will be a tough one. It'll all come down to which ones will be okay with me sauntering into the intern pen and yelling, "Minions, come. We do law now."

Still sending out a few housing apps a day, but the rental market is as wacky as ever. To wit, we are now resorting to living on boats or living with Celibate/Gay Retired Cuddle Buddies.

Bugman just wants some loving.
I don't think I'd ever sat down and watched the Super Bowl until yesterday. We took a break to watch the sun do its dance of the seven pink veils, and of course we replayed the nine holograms of Beyonce and the Puppy Bowl. The awful GoDaddy commercial definitely solidified the Kinsey scale of all sixteen gay boys in the room. I did just link to it though, so I suppose some social media guru out there is chortling and getting paid. Such a quiet San Francisco afterward, just people exiting house parties into the warm night with a shrug and a "At least we had the World Series."


I like that I'm slowly building running back into my life. I've totally missed how good it feels to just zone out and nothing beats the sweaty runner's high when you're just stretching and all kinds of smiley. I do prefer running with other people, but the treadmill has been nice for colder nights too. 7:15 per mile pace for four miles right now since I'm trying to not overdo the cardio. Intensity upppp! I'm still committed to getting into biking, but even more so than running, I need a crew of fellow cyclists! I'm managed to keep my shoulder healthy, so still rockclimbing two or three times a week. I would love to work in the capoeira angola thing again, but I don't know when I'd do that. Anyone want to join me for a week at Capoeira Angola Quintal?

1 comment: